Monday, July 22, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday!  I have missed writing to you and sharing over the last week. If you are a FB friend then you know what has been going on. If not, the basic story is that Bruce has had a major stroke. The good news is that he is having a major recovery. I am at home and Bruce is not too far away. He is at the Kindred Rehab Hospital in Rm. 149. Tomorrow he will go through evaluations to find out what kind of therapy he will need.

I promise to write more tomorrow. I am super exhausted. This is my first night back at home since Bruce became ill last week. So tonight I am going to write briefly and share a scripture and try to get some sleep.

“As for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.”

Micah 7:7

God is so very good. Bruce is making a remarkable recovery for a stroke that was so large. They were unable to extract the entire clot and so there is still a small portion left, but it should not be of danger. I promise to rewrite the story of the last week and bring all of you up to speed. Thank you for all of your prayers. The soaking prayer we have received is what is getting us through.

Tonight I find hope in thinking about who God is. God is the great I Am who is sustaining us. God made us and is carrying us in His most powerful arms. He has rescued Bruce and is our Savior God that gives us every reason to watch in hope.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, I am praying with a heart filled with gratitude, I am casting my cares upon the Lord and hoping to sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason both of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene
 
PS Red is the stroke Awareness color.

No comments: