Saturday, July 27, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Saturday!  Today, our friend Sebastian came over and cut Geni’s hair and my hair. In trying to cut down on spending as I am the income for the foreseeable future I can polish my own nails, but I can’t cut my own hair. So I called the dear woman who has become my friend and told her I needed to stop having my nails done for a while. My nails do not look as pretty as when Cathy does them, but the price is right and I feel sure with continued practice I will get better!

I love visiting Bruce. I try to go after he has finished his therapy for the morning. He is always interested in what I have done during the day. So I try to make laundry and hair cuts sound as exciting as possible.  I ask him about his day and sometimes he can tell me something and sometimes not. But he continues to greet me with a hug and a kiss. Geni and I visited him as we do each night to say good night. Geni brought our grandog; Penny to visit too. Bruce and Penny had a great visit. He also received a sweatshirt from Alaska from some friends who just returned from a cruise. Tonight he asked what happens after this; meaning after he is discharged from Kindred. I had really been dreading this conversation. So I explained what I thought would happen and why he needed to go there.  He seemed okay with it, but I also remember he is only processing about 25% of what is said to him. I am sure I will explain this change several of times before this next step takes place.  

Also, I text messaged Bruce a few minutes ago to say good night and I love you. He wrote back, “Sleep up.”  I took it as a sign of great things to come. God is good.

“Let us hold fast to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”

Hebrews 10: 23

This scripture was the verse given to me when Casey was ill. Its meaning is still the same, that God’s glory will be revealed in Bruce’s healing. God is faithful. When things are going terribly wrong all we can do is hold on to God, the Master Healer, giver of hope and every good and perfect gift. God will not let us be tempted by fear beyond our ability to endure. When fear begins to creep in we can escape by just whispering, “I trust You Lord, my hope is in you.”  Since there is nothing else I can do to reverse what has happened I will live in the hope of the resurrected Christ and believe that God through the sacred Word is faithful.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon God and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for both of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

e is a tylist

No comments: