Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  Bruce is doing well. Geni and I attended his PT session today and we have been granted permission to walk with Bruce without staff presence. The PT is working to strengthen and correct the weakness on his right side. He is working very hard and is very motivated.

Our bedroom is almost ready to receive the new bed tomorrow evening. Geni (whom I have renamed Handy Mandy!) dismantled the waterbed and together we carried it outside. After the clean-up and vacuuming the space is ready for the bed. I still have some work to do to make sure the room is safe and ready for when Bruce returns home. There will be trips made to Mission Arlington over the next couple of days.

I think I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I pray for Bruce’s healing and restored wellness almost constantly. I also pray for money to pay the bills. I wonder if we will have to close the business. How can I support us until or if Bruce is able to return to work? And then I am reminded that God’s gentle voice reminds me that I am given one day at a time and to take care of what I can in one day. So today, I paid the gas bill and car insurance. With the help of my precious daughter we have prepared our room for a new bed. A friend of ours is giving us a bed. Blessings abound.  We will tackle tomorrow’s list tomorrow.

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 91: 1-2

I do not know what the future holds in the next moment, or hour or day, but I know God is present with Bruce and our family. God knows how all of this will turn out because God is absolutely Sovereign. Holy Scripture proclaims that God is The Almighty; and nothing is beyond The Divine control of God. Sometimes I feel so helpless and so sad when I see Bruce struggling to make sense of what is going on and what he wants to say. And then I remember that he is alive. And then I get a special blessing of a hug, a kiss and “Love you darlin’” and I know I can live on that for a long time. As we face each challenge I am counting and trusting our compassionate God. God has compassion on His afflicted people. And I am finding ways to rejoice even when I am shedding tears.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our care upon the Lord and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and there is no reason for all of us to be awake!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: