Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Monday!


Busy day. Because of the rain Bruce and I were able to spend the day together. We took Luther to the vet for shots. According to the Dr. at Banfield, he is perfect.

Then I had a difficult decision to make about classes this fall. I received an email from my professor for my Dead Sea Scrolls class. I discovered the class only had two students. I was a little nervous about the class not making so when we went to Brite I spoke with the dean of student affairs he offered me to option of dropping the class and enrolling for another. The only slight problem with this class is that I am the first one on the waiting list. But, the dean assures me with 99.9% assurance that I will get in and that this will not be a problem.

Dinner tonight at home with Bruce and a movie on the couch. It was a good day. Thanks be to God.

Prayer: Most loving and kind Lord thank You for the seemingly ordinary blessings of the day. Your unfailing love is the comfort I need and it shows up so often in Bruce. Thank You for living in Bruce and allowing him to be the vessel of Your love, Lord. The words of Jeremiah say, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love, therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you.” Thank you LORD for the blessing of being in Your presence today. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.”

Psalm 119: 76

The unfailing Love of God is our comfort. God’s love and comfort is dependable, In order for us to receive the full benefit of this love and comfort we must trust God with all of our heart. When we experience the blessing of God’s love and comfort we are empowered and strengthened to do what God has calls us to do.  It is in the receiving of these blessings that we are prepared to following God’s will for our lives.

My meditation tonight offers this suggestion to help receive this blessing. The suggestion is to get into God’s word and memorize favored passages of scripture that assure us of God’s Love that are constant reminders that God loves us with an everlasting love.

Take joy in this journey of blessings remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart, let us cast our cares upon the Lord and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and there is no use in all of us being awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: