Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Saturday! 

Studying for my current class has taken many hours and has deprived me of sleep. I was really a bit nervous that I would not get everything completed along with everything else I needed to get accomplished before 9:00 Monday morning. I prayed for God to stretch my time and get my studying done, my cookies made and my song learned. I am currently at 2 out of 3 and my song is almost learned. And it was Bountiful Basket day!  It is an early call for pick-up, but a worthy one!

Prayer request:  Travis and Sarah are leaving on Monday for a week long honeymoon trip.  Please pray travel mercy and great joy in their time away.

Prayer:  Holy Lord, Living Presence,  Great Forgiver, I am rejoicing in this day because You have created it and allowed us to once again to be receivers of Your grace.  Thank You for answered prayers. Thank You for your mercy and restoring my discouraged soul. Please let me stand on Holy Ground covered in Your grace, bathed in Your love and cleansed by the power of Your forgiveness. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33

Friends, sometimes we make wrong choices.  But we don’t have to let wrong choices define who we are. Each time we come before the mercy seat of God asking for forgiveness from our wrong choices God’s light shines upon us.  Each moment provides a chance to begin anew and enjoy the Presence of God. I pray, “Lord, I am asking You to be with me right now.” God knows why we need Divine Presence.  I pray that God will not let me be discouraged and to focus on Him. I have been known to do this many times each day. So when I have thoughts renting space in my head and heart that are making me discouraged I pray. Our verse tonight says that we live in a world that isn’t always easy, but God’s promises tell us to “take heart for He has overcome the world through the power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and cast your cares upon the Lord. Since God is up all night anyway, get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com
 

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: