Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Monday! 

Prayer alert:  Steven Baker passed away quietly last evening. Please pray for this family in their time of grief and loss. His wife Terri was the secretary at South Davis School when our children were students there. I think Casey was the same age as their son and went to school him and his sisters.

I began my new class today. It was really interesting. It is causing me to think about our governmental systems, public events, the church and the Kingdom of God somewhat differently. Not different in a bad way, just thinking about things like, “Why do we have patriotic songs in our hymnals?” I am not against it, I just never thought about it before.  The professor is really great and the students in the class are far better versed in laws and politics than I will ever be. Today we discussed different kinds of faith; iconic faith, priestly faith, public Christians and public church. Interesting stuff! Tonight I read about the fall of man and how it links to social justice.  WOW!

And I love living with a plumber! Once again we had a water leak. Bruce worked on it all yesterday afternoon until 11:00 last night. And after working all day today he brought home dinner and worked under the house until about 10: 30 tonight. We have success and water. So far I have flushed and made coffee for tomorrow. Dishes can wait until after class. He’s the best!  I think I’ll keep him and love him forever.

Prayer:  Holy One who remains with us at all times, even when the time in our lives is not very easy and the terrain is pretty rough it will be full of struggles and full of blessings. Help us to be willing to learn the lessons You want to teach as we travel with You.  Traveling with you sometimes means that we leave familiar comforts behind and go where we have never gone before. As we travel with You let us walk by your side in the shadow of Your perfect love where love and forgiveness are present. And Lord if we see someone who needs to travel with us may they dwell in Your shadow with us. Lord in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

For he shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.”

Deuteronomy 29: 29

“Pray continually.”

1 Thessalonians 5: 17

I am claiming the promises of God that God will give us everything we need to cope with whatever challenges we face. I know it is hard to not project the “what if’s” and the whys of “not yets.” God has the unlimited resources to provide us with what we need including the armies of angels at His command.

When we are faced with brokenness or adversity we need to pray continually and listen for God’s direction as we journey. Sometimes the journey means that we stay where we are until it is time to move forward or to the right or left.  Our minds and hearts listen for God’s instructions and we make the choices to the best of our abilities. But God directs our steps and makes them sure.  “A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.” Proverbs 16: 9

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and since God does not sleep anyway, let us cast our cares upon Him and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: