Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy Thursday! 

Busy day going to school, writing a paper and studying. 

Prayer:  Blessed, giving and Most High God, I place my hope in You and praise You for Your help in times of trouble. Lord, I will praise You because You allow me to stand in Your presence where the ground is named Holy. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

Jeremiah 29:11

This is one of my most favorite verses of scripture. This verse from the prophet Jeremiah gives promise, after promise, after promise!  When we live in the shadow of the almighty, in the very presence of God, all fear is gone and there is nothing by glory.  It is in this knowledge that can help in our everyday life.

Jesus paid the penalty for our sins and is our Hope. God will never let us down.  No matter what is going on in our lives, it is still our opportunity to hope in God through faith in Jesus.  If we persistently place our faith in God praising God even in the most difficult of times, we can give praise for the presence of God and the blessing of peace will surround us. When we stand in God’s holy presence, knowing how much God loves us in our sorrow and claiming God as our hope for tomorrow we know we are standing on holy ground.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, cast your cares at the feet of God and get some sleep. God is going to be up all night anyway! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.

  

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: