Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Tuesday! 

Dishes done! And Team Blake has both of his artists in the finals of The Voice.  The rest of the time I have been studying and preparing my notes to lead class discussion on Thursday.  This always makes me a bit nervous especially because it involves politics and as you well know I am not well versed on that subject. However, I am going to facilitate the class discussion on the Catholic Church and social ministry. I can latch onto some scripture and that will help me a lot. Please pray for me.  Thanks.

Prayer alert:  The graveside service for Steven Baker is tomorrow at DFW National Cemetery. I am leaving class early to attend the service. Please keep the Baker family in your prayers as they celebrate the life of their husband and father and mourn his loss.

Prayer:  Holy, Sovereign Presence, I love You and give thanks for Your continual presence with us. When we pray constantly Your Presence is as near as our next breath. Your love has no borders we have to cross to receive Your love. It is there the moment we breathe Your name or cry out in the night. Lord, please cover those we love with Your holiness and protective love. Hide us in the cleft of the rock where the enemies of fear, doubt and uncertainty cannot reach and we dwell in Your perfect love where only love, forgiveness, tender mercies and grace are our coverings. Forgive when we doubt and take our eyes off of You. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

“Let [God] have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.”

1 Peter 5:7

“I’ll keep my eyes on You. When I turn my gaze to people they just let me down. For Your love is the strongest thing I’ve ever found.” This is one of my “hurtin’ songs.” It reminds me that when there are struggles going on in my life or the one’s I love I remember to “keep my eyes on God” and only glance at the problem. Even though sometimes it is really difficult when the problem is pretty big and takes up a large space in my heart and mind God’s Word promises that God is always thinking about what is going on in my life and watching over me knowing everything that concerns me. But when it is difficult to stay focused on God, God gives us permission to give ourselves some grace and return to the heart of God.

God asks for our worries and cares. We are used to taking care of ourselves which makes giving over our troubles hard for us to do. So we have to practice. When we remember that we are never alone, God is always with us. God has all authority in heaven and earth. Once we give our cares over to God, God does not return the problem to us. But sometimes we take our cares back. So try again. Give ourselves some grace and try again, wasting no time in returning to our Lord, offering worship in prayer, calling the name of Jesus in reverence and love.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and cast your cares on God before you go to bed. God will be up anyway and we all need the sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: