Saturday, May 11, 2013


Happy Friday! 

Such a wonderful day. Our niece, Emily Helvey, graduated this afternoon from UNT with her Masters Degree in Teaching and Administration. We are so very proud of her. I was sitting next to Daddy and he said, “This family has invested a lot in this school.”  From our family I graduated with my Bachelors in Music Ed. Geni with her Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies (Elementary Ed.), Emily with her Masters  in Teaching and Administration and Ken with his Doctorate in Education. This family values education ranking it with faith and family. It was a wonderful day and an awesome family!

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for creating family and honoring their dreams and accomplishments. Tonight I ask a special blessing on Emily that you are with her helping her realize her dreams by your guiding hand. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.”
Psalm 13: 6

I love reading psalms that speak of singing. We had a bit of a scare today. We had trouble locating my Dad. He was not answering his phone and he lives by himself. As the panic began to rise within me I kept thinking, “I just need to hear his voice.”  Today, God dealt bountifully with me. Dad went to Ken and Sheena’s just as planned and we were all relieved and so very grateful. 

Today for just a few moments it was hard to sing praises. The Sovereign will of God and the recognition of goals achieved today were not circumstances of mistake. Sometimes it takes a difficult circumstance to desire to live a closer life with God and to grow more fully into the one God created us to be. None of us knows what the future holds, but God has but one future for each of us. It is simply to follow. So no matter what our goals, dreams or circumstances God is a part of all of these things and because they are important to us they are important to God. Let us sing praises to God for the bounty of being able to dream and the obedience to see ourselves into God’s plan to follow.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: