Sunday, May 5, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all!

This morning Rush Creek Christian Church honored all of the high school and college graduates and two Brite interns. We have successfully completed our year of Supervised Ministry. We received the Rush Creek Cross. It is a beautiful wooden cross with the risen Savior carved out of the center. The cross has special meaning for Rush Creek as one of its members found it in China as a souvenir for a former pastor of the church. It was so well received that it is now the symbol for Rush Creek. It is sitting prominently on one of my book cases. I am so grateful. We were also treated with a lovely reception and a gift of stationary. Rush Creek is such a great place to be.

Prayer alert: Casey came out of surgery with the tear in his abdomen repaired and will be in the hospital a few more days. Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you posted.

I am 13 pages into a 15 page paper due on Wednesday. It is an immigration paper through the Book of Ruth. My last piece of the paper is about faith and immigration. By tomorrow night I should be able to tell you that I have put this semester to bed. Please pray that my efforts will be successful.

Prayer: Lord of all life, thank you for being with all of us in all of Your ways and loving us with all of your heart. Thank You for your healing grace and continual presence in our lives. We love you, Lord, so very much. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.”

Psalm 145: 20

The opening phrase in my devotional tonight is WATCH OVER ALL WHO LOVE ME. LET THIS PROMISE OF MY WATCH-CARE COMFORT YOU — ESPECIALLY DURING DIFFICULT DAYS. This promise is for each of us because we love God. We do not earn God’s protection by our loving God. Because we are children of God we belong to God and are under God’s watchful care. We love God because God first loved us.

As I listened to the prayer concerns this morning there were so many who were in need of knowing that God was with them. This need can be met by trusting that God is with us and to begin communicating in prayer, pouring out our hearts and being aware of God’s loving and watchful Presence in our lives.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: