Monday, May 6, 2013


Happy Monday!

I completed my paper for Immigration today and sent it off to Bruce for a final edit. He is so wonderful at that. I placed the books for immigration on an inactive shelf replacing them with the books for my classes this summer along with a new spiral notebook, two new folders and two new three ring binders. Now I am ready for the summer classes. (at least all appearances point that way!)

Prayer alert: The last word I had was that my friend Casey has been under sedation for most of the day. I am sure his body needs to rest and heal after all it has been through. Please continue to pray for him. Thank you so much.

Prayer:  Holy One, Thank you for this beautiful day. In the beauty of the day we are reminded of your Presence with us. You hold us close and guide us with Your counsel. When we need someone to talk to and to count on You are always there. People may fail us, but You are the strength of our hearts and our strong tower. Thank You that we can find safety and comfort in You, Lord. In Your mercy, hear our prayer. Amen

“The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”

Proverbs 18: 10

Sometimes I over-think things. I plan for what I can take care of and then I plan for what I cannot take care of. In other words, I tend to plan for what might happen and already come up with an outcome before anything has even occurred. When I begin to feel anxious sometimes my mind goes into overdrive and searches for solutions and searches for security.  I think God would call this trusting in myself. I am capable and planning comes naturally to me. God has given me this gift. But in order for me to include God in the ordering and planning of my life and the events therein I need to walk in wisdom. The essence of wisdom is to trust in God more than in myself or in other people.

God stands ready to help each one of us and be our guide in all parts of our lives.  I am a writer. Sometimes I write my prayers asking God to show me the way in which to walk in His will. Then I wait giving God time to guide me and answer my prayers. While I am waiting I focus on God’s Word and continue to pray. Sometimes I just pray Jesus’ name and remember that God is I AM and a strong tower.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: