Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Happy Tuesday!  

Prayer:  Holy and Loving Lord, I give thanks that Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies never end. Each day Your mercies are given anew because Your faithfulness is everlasting.  In Jesus name, I pray.  Amen.

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.”

Isaiah 61: 10

Well, it is full steam ahead for the wedding. Geni and I began to make a list of all of the things we can do ahead of time. All of the dresses and suits are purchased and are waiting to be worn. It is now a countdown to the rehearsal dinner and the big day. The colors are beautiful; navy blue, a bit of a deeper shade of mint green and ivory. Appointments for hair and nails have been made, all of the counseling is done, the license is purchased and wedding rings are in their boxes ready to be worn by the bride and groom.

In just a few days Travis and Sarah will stand before God and a great cloud of witnesses: the minister, family and friends, and pledge their love to each other looking so handsome and breathtakingly beautiful. As powerful as the vows of love and faithfulness that they take are; the Holy Scriptures tell us that it is the steadfast love of God that never ceases.  

There will be times when these two won’t see eye to eye and may even say words that hurt. The good news is that because they have invited God into their marriage (that which happens after this wedding) God will be tenderly present and ready to help them get safely through each and every day. Problems and pain will happen, but if they will remember this truth and how much they love each other it can make all of the difference between coping and giving up in despair. Trust comes easy when it is strawberries and cream and lovin’ all the time, but when unexpected problems occur, trusting God takes a lot more effort. 

It is my prayer for these precious two that they will remember the words of the prophet Jeremiah in Lamentations 3:22-23; “22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” And when the beautiful clothes are put away and its back to blue jeans and Starbucks shirts they will remember that God has clothed them with garments of salvation and robes of righteousness. 

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: