Monday, May 13, 2013


Blessed Sunday and Happy Mother’s Day!  

I enjoyed worship with Bruce and Geni today and then on to Blue Mesa here in Arlington for lunch. The wait was two hours but they were well prepared for large crowds. They had erected two canopies and had complimentary ice water, tea and orange juice for the patrons.  The brunch was amazing!  But for me the company was the very best.

It was also a day of moments remembering loss. I have lost my Mom and a son and I had a meltdown. But I learned something. As I was sitting with tears rolling down my face I figured out why the losses hurt so much. The hurts are so great because Mom and Casey were such great people and helped shape my life. Mom modeled unconditional love with her every breath and loved her family with an all consuming passion. Casey taught me to be a Mom and how to have courageous faith no matter what.  As the day of Travis and Sarah’s wedding approaches with incredible speed I miss them even more.

Prayer:  Beloved mothering God, You created all of us in Your image. Thank You for all of those mothers who have been mothers of faith. Thank You for the family that You chose to raise me and for the family You gave me to raise. Thank You for my mother who was wise and knew how to love greatly and for the son who also lives with You who also learned to love greatly.  I have a great investment in heaven. Lord, please let the investment of faith that goes back through my mother continue as our family increases by one at the end of the week. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”

Galatians 5: 22

After my meltdown yesterday I sat and gave thanks for Mom and Casey and then gave thanks for Geni, Travis, Bruce and Sarah. God was very near yesterday and treated me with gentleness, protecting me from longing for those who I no longer have and reminding me of those who continue to fill the spaces in my heart.

When circumstances are stressful it is easy to become emotionally overwrought. God can soothe the frustrations and fill us with joy by staying tenderly present. This week when those around me are getting anxious I am praying for gentleness of spirit and the ability to not join in the storm. I pray for the joy of the Lord will override all of the anxious moments so that we all remember that God is near in all we do. I also pray that God lets those whom we love who are invested in heaven to peek in and rejoice with us.

Take joy in the journey and remember that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer: My friend Casey went home this week. He goes back in for more tests tomorrow. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Travis has a vicious sinus infection and is going to the doc tomorrow. Please pray for him to be completely well before Friday.

I managed to break my little toe last night. It is purple and my shoes for Friday are barefoot sandals, with ankle straps and bejeweled strap across the toe. I plan to wear these shoes and dance. Please pray for my toe to be healed by Friday!  Thank you all prayer warriors. gc

No comments: