Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Happy Monday!

I took Travis to the doctor today. He has a raging sinus infection. The doc gave him an allergy shot, a bag full of nasal spray and a prescription for a Z-Pak. Please pray that he begins feeling better really soon. He was still pretty miserable when I took him home this afternoon.

Also, please pray that the swelling in my foot goes down enough by Friday night so I can fit into my shoes for the wedding. I know in the grand scheme of things this seems like a silly prayer, but I really want to wear them to dance with Travis and Bruce on Friday night. I can put make up on the area to cover the bruising, but I really want to wear my “dancing shoes.”

Prayer: Holy Lord of tender Presence, in just a few more days Travis and Sarah will stand before you and pledge their love for each other borne out of love for you and by Your love of them. Please continue to be with them, calming them, keeping them focused on You.  In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”

2 Corinthians 4: 17

These two precious people who are about to be married are people of faith. It is said that marriages are made in heaven, but they have to be lived out here on earth. Travis and Sarah are going to experience times of great joy in their lives and they will experience difficulties and disagreements. It is my prayer that these two will remember how they feel each other right now and give thanks for the times of joy and find ways to give thanks when times are difficult and they disagree.

Compared to the eternity we will spend with Jesus, our current difficulties and tough times are light and momentary, according to the scriptures.  When we practice giving thanks we are making a habit of recognizing God’s presence especially in the midst of tough times. We grow in God’s likeness and share not only in the joys, but in the sufferings and in the glories as well. When we are thankful as much as we are able then we progress from Glory to Glory.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: