Thursday, May 16, 2013


Happy Hectic Wednesday!

Thank you for the prayers for Travis. He is feeling much better today.

Well, the dishes are all washed, the glasses have all been washed and de-stickered, the napkins have had their stickers removed, have been washed and ironed (40 napkins!) and the table cloths and chair covers are in the process of being de-wrinkled. The candle holders are packed in styrofoam. The napkins still need to be tied, and the cupcakes placed in their boxes at the YWCA and, if the time permits, I still need to make the bows to go on back of the chair covers. It has been a busy and very productive day. Rehearsal dinner is tomorrow night and I am just about ready.

Prayer:  Lord of my busy days, help me not to sweat the small things. Even though I want the events to be perfect for Travis and Sarah and the guests, the most important thing for each of us to remember is that You are present with us and where You are, perfect love is present. In this night where we will celebrate the marriage love that You created let us give thanks for the gift of marriage. Let us also give thanks for the families which are present who have raised these children in faith. We pray that as we surrender them over to each other that You will remain with them for the remainder of their lives. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.”

Psalm 63: 6

I would love to tell you that I am sleeping well, but that would not be true.  I lay down to sleep for the night last night and my prayers have become really long with praying for those who are sick, praying for Sarah and Travis and all of the wedding details. I am not nervous, but I am somewhat anxious. I want it to be perfect for Travis and Sarah.

But I know what God’s perfection is. When I am trying to sleep I need to remember who God is and ponder God’s perfection. God’s perfections are Love, Joy and Peace. I have found comfort in the names of God:  Shepherd, Savior and Prince of Peace and ever mindful that God is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

In all of the excitement I am most trusting that Sarah and Travis have invited Jesus into their marriage. They love each other and they love Jesus. A mama can’t ask for much more. Please pray for these precious ones and for me to get some sleep!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: