Saturday, March 2, 2013


Happy Friday!  Happy March!

I did not look at my paper today. I ran errands and paid bills. Perhaps tomorrow I will have some new insights and then I will be able to put the paper to bed or at least send it to Bruce for editing! 

Prayer:  Lord, the giver of every good and perfect gift and forgiver of every sin, help us to not be afraid to confess before you. Cleanse us from what we do that is wrong and against the truth of Your Word.  Thank You, Lord, for your grace to forgive and your loving choice to forget by the blood of Jesus. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness.”
Psalm 89: 15-16

Confession of sins is a hard subject. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God, but none of us want to own up to the sins we commit. And then there are times we sin and are not aware and do not realize we need to confess. The bottom line is that we still need to confess our wrong doings no matter what.  Confession is never a comfortable thing to do and sometimes we would rather run away or try to blame someone else than admit we have done wrong. And after all, we won’t be telling God anything God does not already know.

So let us look at this in a different “light.”  We need never be afraid to stand in the presence of God. In the light of God’s Presence those sins we know we have committed and those unknown to us are illuminated.  Remember this…God has already paid the price for our sins and taken the entire punishment for all of our sins. Because of this one act; the blood of Jesus that paid for our redemption we can receive forgiveness with joy! (my favorite word) When we are forgiven we are clothed with the very clothing of God; God’s righteousness…God’s perfect righteousness. When we remain in the perfect light of God we are being continually cleansed because we have engaged God in all of the parts of our life, remaining in constant fellowship. 

Let us be among those called blessed by the psalmist. Blessed are those who walk in the Light of My Presence. They rejoice in My Name all day long, exulting in My righteousness.

Take joy in the journey walking in the Light of God’s Presence remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a heart of gratitude and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: