Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Happy Tuesday! 

Prayer:  Holy One, Your Word promises that You are the Lord of our past, our present and our future. You have assured us that You have a plan for our future that is filled with hope.  Help us to patiently wait and trust that You know what You are doing. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”
Jeremiah 29: 11

I love this verse of scripture. I think the part I like best is that the LORD plans for our welfare and not calamity. Many people think God tests us by putting difficult things in our life’s journey. I personally think that life puts difficulties in our path and God reminds us to keep our eyes on Him for He has His eyes on us and is taking care of us in the best way possible.

Sometimes we lose sight of God in our lives and think that God has abandoned us especially when we are suffering. We want God to “fix it” NOW and God asks us to wait. We really hate to wait!  But beneficial waiting is simply keeping our eyes on God continually, trusting and loving in His loving presence. We need to remember to trust that God knows what God is doing and bring good out of every difficulty we experience. We are God’s own creation. He knows us best and loves us most. Reread this verse and let us each remember that God has good things in store for each of us—plans for a future filled with hope.

Take joy in the journey and remember with each step that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: