Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Happy Wednesday! 

Can you believe I am approaching mid-term in the semester?  WOW!  I have lots of papers due next week. I ask your prayers to help me complete the assigned work, making the deadlines. I have some distractions coming up between now and then so I pray for God to stretch my time between commitments and do the assigned writing and do it well. Thank you.

Prayer:  Holy Lord, We have so many things for which to be thankful.  But mostly Lord, we give thanks for Your Presence that is round the clock and 24/7. You are continuously reminding us of Your great love for us and desire to stay in relationship with us.  We love You, Lord, and desire to stay safe within Your perfect love that casts out all fear. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.”
Proverbs 29: 25

Tonight the first sentence in my devotional reading was, “PUT YOUR TRUST IN ME, AND I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE.”  I love the feeling of safety and security.  Sometimes we can pretend we feel safe when we really do not feel safe at all. Fear is something we cannot keep to ourselves for very long. Being scared for a time is one thing. Being scared or on edge about something is usually pretty short lived, but fear is something that permeates your soul, mind and body. God never intended for us to live a life of fear.

God has provided us with His love through Jesus. Jesus is available for us to come to Him and talk with Him when we are feeling insecure, when we have concerns and when we need to share our fears. When we do this we place our trust in God and when we “have a little talk with Jesus” we are connecting ourselves to God at such a deep level. 

Fear is a place of darkness. When we go to God in prayer the darkness begins to change to light and our fears begin to fade. When we stand in God’s Holy Presence we are in a place where fear cannot live because God’s light is so bright that fear disappears. When we are in the Holy Presence of God we are in a place of perfect love and safety.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint!  Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: