Monday, February 25, 2013


Happy Monday!

Prayer:  Holy One, I give thanks this day for Your amazing and abundant grace. Your Word says Your grace is sufficient. Given that You are the author and giver of this grace I rest assured that when I do not think I can take another step I find Your grace shining before me. Help me to open my eyes to see You clearly and know You are present all the time. Thank you for this form of love we receive as grace. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.”
Isaiah 54: 10

Amazing Grace is the favorite song of my best, dearest and oldest friend, Carme. I even stood in our living room one time when she was visiting and she had me sing the first verse and she recorded it as her ringtone. This is also the song I sang at the funeral of Dave’s and Carme’s baby daughter Catherine.

In the toughest times of my life I have always known that after the dust has settled and the situation has ended, God’s amazing, all sufficient grace is what is left. That is when I began to understand the verse from 2 Corinthians that says, “My grace is sufficient for You.”  I began to understand the power and the expansive depth and breadth of the love of God. God’s grace is most precious and most glorious when we cannot go another step on our own and the only thing we have to count on is God and that all sufficient grace. It is grace, given as a gift, that provides what we need to live here on this earth now and what we need for the pathway to eternity. When we pray, God does not always say yes to our requests, but we are given what we need and more than anything else God always gives us Himself, His compassion and His unfailing love.  Praise God from who all blessings of amazing grace flow.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com   

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: