Monday, February 11, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all!

Prayer:  Lord, today in worship I was reminded of how much You love us through Your Word given at the table of forgiveness and grace.  I am reminded that this Word is the firm foundation on which I place my faith and that it will not be shaken.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

“I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 40: 2

Today as I led Sunday School we continued to examine the concept of love. Today’s topic was “How do we tell God we love Him?”  We examined the commandment in Luke, “Love the Lord Your God with all your heart, mind and soul and your neighbor as yourself.”  We finally determined that we tell God we love Him through belief and action. We believe in God and our actions show our love for God and His love for us flowing through as grace.  When we try to act on our own then our actions do not show belief and the love of God is not reflected.

When we place God before us and stand on the foundation of the Word then we have steadiness in our lives. When we focus we can walk steadily along the path even when the path is rough. There are so many distractions in our lives that can cause us to look away and lose our attention from the love that is before us. God is our guide and so we must strive with the strength of our hope in Christ taking each step steadily on the foundation of God and remain steady in faith.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray giving thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: