Friday, February 15, 2013


Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! 

We had such a wonderful Valentine’s Day date. I made a dinner of heart shaped lemon herb salmon burgers and a new recipe of cheese ravioli with mushrooms and spinach. We then watched the new James bond; Skyfall. 

WOW! My beloved Bruce had some pictures framed for me as my gift. These pictures are from the 40’s into the late 50’s. They are small black and whites of me with my grandparents and mom and one just of my granny and grandpa. I was so touched by this precious gift. Thank you, my darlin’.

“You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
Psalm 16: 11

I have selected for tonight’s reflection a piece entitled Intimacy with Him. “YOU HAVE THE AMAZING PRIVILEGE OF KNOWING ME INTIMATELY, YET THIS PRIVILEGE IS NOT AN INVITATION TO ACT AS IF YOU WERE MY EQUAL, I want you to worship Me as King of Kings while walking hand in hand with Me.”

This reminded me of the earthly marriage relationship many of us experience. I do not need Bruce to worship me or I him, but I need him to walk hand in hand with me. God created humanity in His image with the ability to reverence our love for Him as a model for how we are to love each other here on earth. When we draw near to God and open our hearts we can have intimate friendship and share joy with one another. In our relationships with those we love this is the kind of love that endures gladness, sadness, victory and strife and daily dealings with life.  Just as God’s love remains constant with us, the love we have for each other especially those closest to us must also remain constant. This enduring and abiding love allows us to walk together with joy down the path of life in this world and the next.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and thanksgiving and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: