Saturday, February 16, 2013


Happy Friday! 

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for this day.  Friday’s are sometimes hard because we are tired at the end of the week.  So Lord, when exhaustion comes let us remember how very much we are loved by You and thus become reenergized in joy.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.”
Psalm 13:5

On Ash Wednesday night at Rush Creek the choir sang one of my favorite anthems; Create in Me a Clean Heart; oh God.”  It is a time honored class setting of the beloved Psalm 51. When I feel the world crashing down around me and I am feeling alone, this is the Psalm I pray. It reminds me that God’s love for me is only a breath away and it is by God’s Divine intention that I am allowed to breathe His name. The words of Psalm 13 are also words I have tucked away in my memory as a reminder of the unparalleled love God has for me. In Psalm 51 says, “Cast me not away from your presence…restore unto me the joy of my salvation.” It is then my heart rejoices in my salvation and that God’s love is really mine every moment of this life and throughout eternity. 

After this time of intimate prayer I feel so much closer to God and things don’t seem so bad, but I am reminded that I am not, nor ever have been alone.
When we abide in God we abide in His love for God is love. When God’s living presence soaks into every fiber of our being it is then we trust in the unfailing love of God who has secured the salvation for each of us through the cross of Christ.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed it is going to be cold tonight and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert:  Tomorrow Bruce and I will attend the funeral service for Father Jim Norwood. He was a long time member of the Kairos Prison Ministry as well as a number of other third day communities. Please pray for his family in this time of sadness and loss. Peace, gc

No comments: