Wednesday, January 2, 2013


Happy New Year and welcome to 2013! 

I really love a quiet New Year’s eve and day!  We rediscovered Netflix yesterday and today. We saw part of the Spike Jones Show! Those suits!!! It is probably a good thing TV wasn't in color in 1951. Then we had a wonderful dinner with Geni, Travis and Sarah this evening.  There was much talk of the wedding and lists were made tonight.   It was a wonderful way to spend our anniversary, surrounded by family and eating comfort food that included the traditional blackeyed peas and having great fun around the table.  The kids all played Wii and I loved hearing the shouts and laughter as they played Mario. 

Tomorrow Geni and I will go wedding dress shopping with Sarah and her Mom.  I think everyone has plans to begin the diet tomorrow, too!!!

Prayer:  Lord, help me to remember today that I am asked to honor You in all parts of my life.  Remind me when work gets too tedious and life at home or school gets hectic and I am tempted to do less than my best that You want me to work, live and love with all my heart.  While I want to do well at school, church and with family that the One I want to please most is You.  Thank you for health and the ability to live a life of purpose led by Your guiding hand.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“Bondservants, obey in all things your masters accordingly to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God.  And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance for you serve the Lord Christ.”
Colossians 3: 22-24

One of the words Bruce has taught me over the last 32 years is the word compartmentalization. I have learned that this word means that there are those who live each part of their lives in different ways.  We live a home life, a working life, (for me) a school life, and a worship life.  There are those folks that act differently in each part of their lives.  They think differently, treat others differently and act differently. Scripture tells us that whatever we do and wherever we do it, we should do as unto the Lord. We should talk, speak and treat others with the same spiritual graces afforded to us by the Lord, Jesus Christ because of His love for us.  God says we are to do all things; our home lives, our jobs, our school and our worship as though we were working for Him. When we treat others as God would treat them then the kingdom of God is expanded with each member giving their best.  As believers in Christ it is our task to lead the way in all of the aspects of our lives because of the difference God has made in each of us. 

Take joy in the journey of 2013.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  God watches over each of us and slumbers not nor sleeps so only one of us needs to be awake tonight.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: