Saturday, January 5, 2013


Happy Friday! 

Today was spent largely trying to set a schedule for classes.  I signed up for one class that was cancelled due to low enrollment. I selected another class and received an email telling me that this class too was being cancelled due to low enrollment.  A bit of frustration was beginning to set in, but the folks at Brite are really wonderful and continued to work this problem until a solution was achieved.  I am taking a class in one area that is being counted for another area so I can count it for a required class.  Then, this summer, I will get the priority ride into a history class at which time my required classes will be complete with the exception of Disciples History that is offered this coming fall. I finally stopped to eat lunch around 3:00.  It was quite a day!

Prayer:  Lord, as I begin this day help me to remember Who is in charge. I am here to serve You. I am sure at some point I am going to forget or be tempted to serve another. I am asking the Holy Spirit to keep a check on my faithfulness. I don’t want to live with a divided heart and mind. Everything I have in my life has come from Your hand of grace. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
Matthew 6: 24

Tonight my meditation uses an excellent analogy to go along with the scripture passage.  “The sign read, ‘Help Wanted:  Part Time.”  WOW!   God comes into our lives through the blood of Jesus and remains with us full time forever. Our part is to remain faithful to God in our relationship with Jesus forever, day in and day out, in sadness and gladness and in victory or seeming defeat.  We cannot be part time Christians serving a full time God. This is one of those times we must get this relationship thing right. 

When we marry our spouses we make those vows before God and promises to our spouses choosing to live our lives with them for the rest of our lives.  When I chose to live my life with Bruce I chose to sever any other relationships that would compete for my loyalty to him.  When we choose to have a relationship with Christ we must sever any other relationships that would distract us for our loyalty and commitment to Him.  Anything less than a devoted life to God through Christ is a part time relationship and is not what God desires.  We do not have a part time God we have a full time eternal God who is full of grace and love that never ends and who chooses us every day.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: