Sunday, December 9, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

What a wonderful day!  It began with lunch of soups and sandwiches with Bruce, Geni, Travis and Sarah (Travis’ special lady!) and then off to Wall’s Christmas Tree farm for the annual Christmas Tree Hunt.  After an exhaustive hunt we think we found the perfect tree and will put it up tomorrow evening while watching White Christmas and eating pizza.  I do love holiday traditions! And I do love family!

Prayer:  Blessed Lord, thank You for life. Lord, I pray that I would not take my life for granted, but rather reflect on how precious it really is.  I give You this day, so use my life for Your glory, and may someone be blessed as they see You in me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

“I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.”
Psalm 118: 17

If you read Psalm 118, you will notice that there is no author, and you will notice quickly that whoever wrote this psalm had been through a lot in their life.  They had been through the sifting process and had grown in their faith. No one volunteers to be broken or go through tough times. And in truth it is through really hard times we do most of our growing.  It is in our distress and times of trial that we learn to call upon the Lord and trust and follow (Ps. 118: 5)

I did not volunteer to be the mother of a child who would develop cancer and die young.  But I know that even if I didn’t volunteer God knew what I needed to get through that suffering and what I am going to need in the future. He gives me the privilege of growing in grace, love and faith.  If we never go through trials then we never learn to trust God and we would never see how God brings us through them. 

Romans 5: 3-5 says if we keep our attitude  right with God then when trials come we will grow.  Vs. 3-4 says, “We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character; hope.”  I would love to confess that I ask God to send tribulation and tough times but I do not!! I do know that when the tough times come if I respond by remaining in God’s presence and in communication through prayer that I will get through whatever life dishes out. 

Take joy in this Advent journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and bring out the sweaters and gloves.  Count your blessings, say your prayers and get some sleep!  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: