Monday, December 10, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

Today was such a busy day. Worship at Rush Creek was the annual Christmas Cantata.  The choir was wonderful and worship was very meaningful. 

This afternoon we attended the memorial service for Pastor Susan Rodriguez. She was a Lutheran pastor who was raised in a Jewish home in New York.  She became a Lutheran pastor when she was 51 and served until the last few years as her health began to decline.  Today I was honored by her son who presented me with her clergy attire: robe, cinctures, stoles and seasonal overlays.  I also received two of her crosses.  I felt much honored to be given these to care for and to share if the need arises.

Well, the pastoral care paper is finished and Bruce is editing as we speak.  It is a long paper so it will take some time to complete.  Tomorrow I begin studying for the New Testament test which is on Thursday @8:00 AM.  I covet your many prayers, please.

Prayer:  “Lord, today, give me the ability to see You in a whole new way. Give me insight into Your glory, and open my eyes and my heart to all that You are. In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.”

“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.”
Romans 1: 20

This is a hard scripture. God reveals Himself to humans in many ways.  The problem is not that God has not made Himself available; it is that humans reject God.  Humans have known from the beginning, the Creation, that there is God.  In this scripture God reveals Divine presence in nature will all attributes clearly seen.  We have no excuse to say we have never heard or known about God. In creation we see God’s power, God’s goodness, God’s mercy and God’s abundance.  

Today let us give thanks for the beauty of Creation. Let us ask that we would be given the grace and boldness to witness for the truth declaring in a world of darkness that the light has come.  The light of the world and the light of heaven have come to us through a young woman and a manger.  Let us declare the truth of God’s Word as revealed in the nature around us and in Jesus. 

Take joy in this Advent journey.  Wear comfortable shoes, put an extra blanket on the bed and wear a warm jacket.  Count your blessings, say your prayers and give thanks with a grateful heart.  Love you all and stay warm. Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: