Monday, December 10, 2012


Happy Monday! 

The Christmas Tree is up and decorated.  With three dogs in the house and sometimes four and even sometimes five!!!, the tree is decorated only 2/3 of the way down from the top.  Bauer, the chocolate lab puppy, already removed my gold lame Elvis ornament from the tree and ran with it. Elvis got moved up and Bauer almost became Hershey bits!! I love Christmas!

We had chicken and waffles for dinner (and may I say…YUM!). Back to studying.

Prayer:  “Lord, I praise You, for You alone are God. I thank You for this new day that You have made. Today is filled with opportunities to talk to people about Jesus. Help me to be sensitive to Your Spirit as I rub shoulders with people in the world who need to know about the Savior of the world. Give me boldness to open my mouth and witness for You. I am Your servant who has been bought with a price…and I am reporting for future duty. Amen.”

“And I fell at his feet to worship him. But He said to me, ‘See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren, who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
Revelation 19: 10

The apostle John was granted the most amazing vision in the Book of Revelation.  He saw the marriage supper of the Lamb, the great feast that the bride of Christ and the Old Testament saints will experience with the Lord Jesus.  John was so overcome with awe that he bowed to the angel who facilitated this amazing vision.  The angel immediately told him to stop because he only needed to worship God. 

Jesus is God - the One and Only to be worshiped and praised - the One who deserves all of our love, praise, worship and devotion.  He is the One we are to tell others about because there is only one salvation and it is found in no one else. 

In the verse today we read that John was granted the vision of the time when evil is overcome by good and Christ reigns over all. We are granted the testimony of Jesus, the greatest story of all.  Tell someone today the story of Jesus. Tell someone who needs to hear the story of God’s love and grace revealed in Jesus and how we worship Christ alone, God with us, Emmanuel.

Take joy in this Advent journey. Wear comfortable shoes and bundle up. 
Throw an extra blanket on the bed and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

Prayer alert:  Father Jesse Smith and his daughter were in an accident in Austin today.  Father Jesse injured his back and his daughter’s injuries are unknown at this time.  Please pray for this family.  Thank you. gc

No comments: