Saturday, December 8, 2012


Happy Friday! 

I have 14 pages written on my pastoral care paper.  It needs to be a minimum of 15 pages.  I think with one more source and a little fleshing out it will be finished on Sunday out and ready for my editor!

Tonight we went to Metroflex Gym to watch Travis compete against other athletes who were attempting their personal best in the dead lift.  He broke his own personal best record of 765 lbs by lifting 770 lbs!  He lifted more than anyone else in the competition and the announcer, who is also the man who owns the gym, announced Travis as the winner in his division and as the World’s strongest Barista.  Congratulations Travis!

Tomorrow we are off to Walls’ Christmas Tree Farm to cut our Christmas tree.  I love this day.  I think the weather has prohibited me from getting some Christmas spirit, so this event always helps me feel some Christmas spirit.  I think it is the wonderful smell of the tree, the hot cocoa or cider, the rustic red barn and the Christmas cookies sold at the other end of the barn.  Or maybe it is the company…

Prayer: Lord, as I begin this day. I choose to follow You.  Fill me with Your Spirit, teach me Your truth, guide me onto Your path, and today, Lord, let my life shine for Jesus. In His wonderful name I pray. Amen.

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind.”
2 Timothy 1: 7

I am completing a paper for pastoral care on the Theology of Forgiveness.  I have learned so much about the depth and breadth of forgiveness. When I finish this paper I will begin to study for my New Testament test.

Today I really needed to complete the paper and told my family that I really needed every moment of today to complete this task.  I received a text message from Travis saying, “Mom, I need your help.”  So I stopped writing and helped my son.  I have been pretty stressed and somewhat nervous about not being able to finish the paper and spend all the time necessary to study for the test.  With the weekend being super busy with family and Pastor Susan’s memorial service of which I am a participant, I was seeing my time getting more and more limited. 

So today as I was helping Travis I prayed for God to stretch my time so that I could do all the things I needed to do. I also prayed for inspired wisdom and understanding to write good theology and remember what I studied.  God is interested in all parts of my life and will remain with me in all of these activities to the point of honoring the deadlines I must meet.  I believe I have a sound mind and I pray to remember all I need to remember and write a paper that will reflect sound theology based on scripture.  So if I continue to pray this scripture and you continue to pray for me then I know my tension will ease and all will be okay. So tonight let each of us pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit, with godly love, grace, peace and that Jesus will be glorified in each of us.

Take joy in this Advent journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: