Tuesday, December 4, 2012


Happy Monday! 

Prayer:  Thank You Lord, for the gospel!  Thank You, Lord, for giving Your life on a Cross and paying my debt so that I could be forgiven, set free, and know the joy and peace of salvation.  Help me, Lord, this day to share the Good News with someone who needs to be set free, too!  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

“He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.”
Isaiah 61: 1b

I realize this passage is not from one of the first four books of the New Testament but it is so similar to the passage in Luke when Jesus comes into the temple, sits down and reads the Holy Scripture from the scroll (4: 18), “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.  He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free” 

In Isaiah we have a prophecy of the coming Messiah. In Luke we hear the fulfilling of this prophecy.  Both of these passages have as their authority being under the power of the Holy Spirit.  Each passage proclaims the coming of the servant of God who will proclaim liberty to captives and heal those who are broken. 

As we journey through this season of Advent let us “preach” as we are called in Luke 24.  We are called to preach repentance and the remission of sin to all.  We must not be ashamed of the gospel.  We must share the gospel.  Let us tell the good tidings of great joy that a Savior will come to us.  May our prayer be to see the world as God sees the world and help those with no hope to find hope in a forgiving God, filled with grace and love.

Take joy in this Advent journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  (after all, God slumbers not nor sleeps so only one of us needs to be awake!)  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love and blessings to you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: