Sunday, November 11, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

My sermons went well today.  I have a wonderful admiration for those pastors who do this week after week.  Congregational pastors preach each week and then have pastoral commitments following services, so, following both services today there was an activity that Pastor Chris and I led that involved the 4th and 5th graders.  It was a really busy day.  Pray for your pastors daily my friends.  They need the strength of our prayers to sustain them. 

Prayer:  “Heavenly Father, thank You. Thank You for the blood of Jesus.   By it You have forgiven me all of my sin.  By it You have purchased my freedom from sin and made me Your very own. Your blood has set me free from the power of sin and darkness and now empowers me to live righteously as a citizen of Your kingdom of light.  Thank You, Lord. Amen”

“He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sin.”
Colossians 1: 13-14

One of the keys to living an abundant life is realizing the blessings that are being offered in the verses from Colossians. As believers in Jesus we are no longer controlled by the power of sin---we have been delivered from it by the blood of Jesus and sin and death no longer have any authority over us.  God through the power of the cross has given us the power and authority over sin. 

The woman I preached about this morning felt completely powerless over her own situation.  She had been so used and abused by life that she had not the strength to even think of how to pull herself up and change her life.  But then she heard the words of Jesus.  She heard about the forgiveness of sins.  She heard about His offering of healing and restoration.  She heard about a kingdom in words so plain and filled with love that she began to think that she could become a child of God once again.  She began to believe she could live a life in triumph over the power of darkness because Jesus had forgiven her sins and affirmed her faith as her salvation. 

Let us give thanks that we have a Savior who takes great joy in forgiving His children and restoring them with love and grace.  We live in victory when we kneel at the highest place of all… at the feet of Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer request:  It is crunch time at school. I have papers to write, a major test for which to study and a church to serve. Add the holidays to the mix and it makes for a very hectic few weeks.  Thank you for your prayers now and continuing.  Peace, gc

No comments: