Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

Prayer:  Lord, You are so forgiving. Thank You that You put my sin away and do not bring it up again. You have said You will cast all my sins into the depth of the sea (Micah 7:19). Thank You for dealing with me in Your love and compassion. Grant me grace to do the same for others today for Your glory. In Jesus name, Amen.

“See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.”
1 Thessalonians 5: 15

It takes a lot to make me mad.  I mean really mad to where I might say something I regret.  However, if someone says or does something that is hurtful to me it takes some self-control not to say hurtful things back to them.  Maybe when we are saying some of the hurtful things it feels pretty good for a few minutes, but when we reflect on that time we find it to be regrettable.  When we are treated poorly we may be tempted to retaliate.

Retaliation is contrary to scripture, Christ and our new nature.  It is also not natural to bottle up all of those feelings and take it on the chin.  We are called to respond with good and not evil. 

This is not an easy command to follow, but we need to remember that we do not deserve God’s grace, but it is given freely to each of us.  We are called to pursue good for a person who treats us poorly.  We never have the right to treat anyone with unkindness. 

Take some time today to reflect on God’s kindness and appreciate how God cares for each of us. We do not deserve this perfect care, but God cares for us more than we will ever know.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed tonight and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: