Monday, August 20, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

Prayer: “Father, I choose to surrender my will so that I can live in Yours. I ask that You make Your will clear to me today so that I will be pleasing to You and be seen and known as a productive citizen of Your kingdom..In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

“Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
Luke 11: 2b, c

I usually read and respond to Facebook in the evening.  But lately there is a great deal of talk about politics among several of my FB friends. I do not respond to political stuff because lately it just seems the politicians are only interested in seeing how mean they can be to each other.

In heaven there are no elections to be won nor debates to be heard because God is on the throne and God runs the show.  Is it possible that here on earth during election time that we are looking to serve the wrong god in the wrong kingdom? Philippians 3: 30 says, “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”  If we take this scripture into our own hearts and lives it means that we need to live under the same authority that the citizens of heaven live under. 

In a key note address I heard on Saturday the speaker spoke about this very verse.  What if we lived our lives here on earth in such a way that we reached heaven it was not that big of a change?  What if we chose to change the world to be a little more like the kingdom of heaven?  I think that might be what Jesus meant when He asked us to surrender our wills to the will of God and live as if we were already in heaven.  I pray that God will guard my heart against my own desires and that my only desire would be God. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: