Saturday, August 18, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Today I met my Lay Training Committee.  It is made up of two lovely women who are very nice, seem very kind and genuinely want me to succeed in this adventure in Supervised Ministry.  There is one more member of the committee who was unable to make it today.  I hope to meet him soon. 

My fall semester of classes begin at Brite on Tuesday.

Prayer:  Father, I thank You that I am Your child and that I can live in the security of this relationship.  I pray that throughout this day You will direct my ways so that I will be a child who brings You honor by living in the power of Your holiness.  In Jesus’ precious name, Amen.”

“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.”
Luke 11: 2A

This passage is a real turning point in the lives of the disciples.  It changed the relationship between God and the disciples.  In all of the Old Testament God is referred to as Father 14 times and references all of Israel.  When the disciples ask Jesus to teach them to pray using these words, the relationship changed from one of corporate to one-on-one.  God desired the relationship with the disciples the same as He had with Jesus. 

God is a holy God, but not an unapproachable God.  God, our creator desires relationship with us through prayer.  When we recognize the holiness of God and go to God in prayer we enjoy the intimacy of His presence and are invited to come boldly into His throne room of grace as a His beloved child. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: