Friday, August 17, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Today I may have had an even further glimpse into the calling God has on my life in ministry.  I was on call for about 5 hours today and received a call from the hospice house to come and pray with a family as their Dad and grandfather was nearing death.  I went to the hospice house, located the family and spent time with them.  We prayed together, I sang to them and we talked for a long time. 

These were sacred moments and this is a ministry that seems to fit the right places in my soul.  While still remaining open to God’s call, I think I might really have a lot to offer in the hospice ministry.  I embraced the holiness of this calling, the sacredness of the space and those who inhabit it. We share the laughter in the stories of the past and the hope of the future for the one who is losing their earthly life and the ones who will live on after their loved one passes.  I ended up ministering to two families in this capacity today.

Prayer:  “Lord, I want to thank You for Your good, pleasing, and perfect will for my life.  Thank You that today You have plans and purposes for me.  There will be no accidents today—only divine appointments. I pray that Your Word will light my path. Amen.”

“We also since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.”
Colossians 1: 9

In my meditation tonight I read the following, “The apostle Paul was never content to merely know people were justified and safe for eternity. He prayed for those who embrace the gospel to move forward into God’s will for their lives. He prayed they would live in the awareness of their calling in Christ, which is to bring God glory and bring others to knowledge of the Savior.”

So here is the question…What is God’s will for your life?  I have prayed for a long time, especially through the last ten weeks, as to where this ministry of pastoral care will take me.  I may have gotten a glimpse into that answer today.  

I still have another year of searching and praying as I become an intern in a church. There, I will experience many avenues of ministry to explore and discover.  God’s Word tells us this for sure…God brought us to salvation for us to surrender ourselves and our lives into His service,  Luke 19: 10 “to seek and save that which is lost.” When we show others what God has done for us through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus then we help others gain knowledge of God and His will for them.  Let God use you today and begin the journey.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: