Friday, August 24, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Completed the first week of classes and tomorrow I graduate from CPE and defend my final evaluation.  Please offer a prayer for me!

Prayer:  “Father, I will trust in Your faithfulness that I will not be tempted beyond what I am able and that by Your grace, You will make a way of escape. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen”

1 Corinthians 10: 13 “No temptation has seized you that isn’t common for people. But God is faithful. He won’t allow you to be tempted beyond your abilities. Instead, with the temptation, God will also supply a way out so that you will be able to endure it.”

“And do not lead us into temptation.”
Luke 11: 4B

I have always had a little trouble with this verse in the prayer.  Why would God lead us into temptation?  One of my favorite principals had a sign in her office that said, “Lead me not into temptation for I can find it myself.”  I always laughed at this.  But perhaps this verse does not mean for God to lead us into temptation.  Maybe it means that whatever temptations we face that they would not overwhelm us.  What if we restated it and said, “Lord, if I am tempted today, help me to be able to resist it and let it not overwhelm me.”  Jesus was tempted by Satan in the wilderness, but He was not overwhelmed by the temptations.  He was exhausted, hungry, thirsty and in a weakened condition and yet He was able with withstand the temptations by Satan by standing firm on God’s Word.  He was physically weakened but not helpless. 

We can be the same.  We come across temptations every day and yet most of the time we are not helpless, we just make a choice to either give in or remember the One Who modeled how not to surrender to the temptation.  Because of God’s grace we can overcome temptation and not let it overwhelm us.  Stand firm on the Word.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer please:  Geni’s job title changed today.  She had prepared to team teach with another teacher and teach two classes per day of kinder math while the other teacher taught the literacy portion.  Her principal told her today that she would be teaching a self-contained kinder class.  So she will teach all subjects.  Geni has a lot of reworking to do in her classroom and making of different lesson plans.  She was upset about this earlier because of the last minute change, but she is equal to the task. Please pray for her. 

No comments: