Friday, July 13, 2012


Happy Thursday!

Tomorrow, the intern chaplains will share the mid-unit evaluations.  We each have prepared a document answering questions as to how we believe we have progressed in the program so far.  I ask your prayers for this time  Thank you friends.

Prayer:  Father, I praise You that I am under no condemnation since giving You my life.  Help me to walk in the Spirit.  Spirit of the living God, pray through me according to Your will. Amen.”

“The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.”
Romans 8: 16

Who doesn’t love Romans 8?  It is one of the most well loved and referred to chapters in all of scripture.  It begins with “no condemnation” v. 1 and ends with “no separation” vs. 38-39.  This chapter tells us that we are sanctified, strengthened, sealed and secured by the love of God through the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit witnesses to us.

This verse bears a really special message to all of us and even a message we might have missed.  We count on the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us in our study of the Word for understanding and for prayer as we listen for God’s voice, but did you ever think about the Holy Spirit witnesses using us? The Holy Spirit remains with us giving us faith as a continual reminder of our salvation and the constant Presence of Christ in our lives. 

When I am with a family who has lost a loved one in death or will lose their loved one in a few moments I know there are no words of comfort I can give that will take away the pain of loss.  The words I begin with are “I don’t know what God’s plans are for this night or for the days to come, but I do know that God is here right now and is with us at this time.”  I look at these moments as the time when the Holy Spirit works its comforting presence without my trying to bring comfort. 

The Holy Spirit is incorruptible and nothing we will ever encounter will ever have the power to separate us from this presence of God in our lives.  This love that is incorruptible and makes itself inseparable in our very being is the same love that is found in God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: