Monday, July 9, 2012


Happy Monday!

Prayer: Father, make me strong in the Lord and in the power of Your might.  Give me courage to face life’s pressures.  When I am tempted to give up and give in, help me to trust in You.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; to not be afraid, not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1: 9

Joshua was the successor of Moses.  Talk about some giant shoes to fill! Joshua did not take over the job until Israel had wandered for 40 years and was about to cross the Jordan River into Canaan.  If you remember, all of the generations that came out of Egypt during the exodus had died except Moses, his family, Caleb and Joshua.  I believe that during that 40 year wandering, Moses modeled and taught Joshua how to lead this new nation into the Promised land.  Joshua had been a slave, a servant, a soldier, a spy and now was Moses’ successor.  Where was Joshua to get encouragement?  Moses was dead, but God was not!

It was time to go into the Promised Land. Imagine the nation of Israel standing on the shores of the Jordan River and looking into the land promised to them so many years ago. Now this nation had a choice, walk forward into the land promised or go backward from where they came? 

God has given us the same choice as Israel.  Do we choose an eternal life of faith, hope and promise in Jesus or do we decline the offer and go backwards into a life of sin and darkness without encouragement.  I am sure the Israelites, as they looked into that new land, were somewhat afraid because they did not know what they were walking into. If we go forward in faith like the Israelites, God still promises us victory over the Enemy. 

We enter the presence of God when we read the Scriptures, pray, or are among His people. When we are in the presence of God we have God’s power, peace, and provision for every need.  God will never leave us or forsake us. 

Give thanks for God’s Word of assurance as He is our strength and shield and allows our hearts to trust and rejoice in God our Savior.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Much love to you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: