Monday, July 9, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

I had lunch with my beautiful daughter today after worship.  We went to Fuzzy’s Taco Stand.  I have discovered that the queso they serve is a comfort food.  Too yummy!

Prayer: Lord Jesus, today I will lift up my eyes to the hills—from whence comes my help. May my life be a reflection of Your love and grace as I bump shoulders with all the people You will allow me to meet today.  I acknowledge You as the sole purpose of my life and being.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.”
John 16: 13

In my meditation tonight an example is given of taking a tour.  The most assuring portion of the tour is having a good tour guide to lead the way, tell you pieces of information about where you are, what you’re a seeing and what you will be seeing later on.  A good tour guide has already walked the area and has knowledge we do not have.

When I begin to write my journal, prepare a devotion, write a sermon or any other way I am going to communicate the Word of God, I pray that the Holy Spirit has gone before me to help me write the words God would have me write. When I pray before I write, I pray that someone who reads these words will find the words helpful to their life and maybe even draw them closer to God.

Scripture is the written Word of God and inspired by the Spirit of God and is invested with the power and authority of God.  God’s Word is sufficient for all of our needs. Only the Holy Spirit knows what God knows, and He alone is the only One who is qualified to reveal divine truth to our lives. Take comfort in knowing that God has already walked our roads ahead of us and will guide us if we listen, watch and are willing to trust where He leads. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: