Wednesday, June 6, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

Praise God for the rain!! 

All three papers have been completed and edited by my beloved editor and husband and all three have been sent off via email to my professor.  I even received confirmation from her that she received them.  Praise God!!

Prayer:  “Father, as I begin this new day, I give You praise and thanksgiving for a good night’s sleep. Thank You, heavenly Father for the opportunities You’ll place in my path throughout the day.  Help me to be sensitive to Your Spirit that I might use godly discernment as You direct my steps.  Help me, O Lord to be a godly influence in the lives of those I encounter this day.  In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.”

This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel:  ‘Not by might not by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the LORD of hosts.”
Zechariah 4:6

The Word God gave to Zerubbabel concerned a lamp He had placed in the temple. It was fed with oil by two trees that would give a continuing supply of oil to this lamp. God’s purpose for the lamp was for Israel to be the light of God for the world.

 God’s Holy Spirit is like that lamp.  Jesus came and declared Himself the “Light of the world.”  Jesus was to be the light of the world in a never ending supply.  Jesus died and was resurrected.  The Holy Spirit came to live in our hearts as our continual supply of light no matter how the darkness might try to overcome.  When we are at our weakest God is not hindered nor will God be aided by our strength.  Far too often we become more dependent upon our own resources rather than the power of God through the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul realized that Hebrew intellectual knowledge was not able to compare with the mighty power of God’s Holy Spirit. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”  It is not by our own power, but the power of the Holy Spirit within us that brings us out of weakness and helplessness with the reminder that God’s oil (Spirit) is available in abundant supply.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes, carry an umbrella and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.



No comments: