Friday, June 8, 2012


Happy Friday! 

I went back to Huguley Hospital today for a TB test.  I also received instruction and testing on how to put on a mask.  The mask is to be used if I am called to go into an isolation room with a patient who has a contagious disease that is airborne or contact.  The mask is to protect me and the patient.  I keep learning new things each time I go over there that I never thought about before.  PLEASE keep me in your prayers. 

This morning my Jesus Calling devotion reminded me that God holds nothing back in His love for me and I am not to hold anything back either.  The light of God promises to bring out of the darkness any uncertainties or anxiety I have into His transforming and cleansing grace.  I am excited about this new chapter in my life. I am also nervous about this new chapter and the changes it will bring about.  There is no turning back.  God has all power on heaven and earth and I know I can and will come to God for help.  I know I have a teachable spirit. I also know I have everything to learn.  As you pray for me, pray for me to remember to enter God’s presence with thanksgiving with the desire to be transformed into the servant and representative I am called to be.  Thank you my friends. 

Prayer:  Father, Thank You for getting me up early this morning to hear from You.  Your Spirit has drawn me to my prayer time. Help me to hear exactly what You have to say to me.  O Lord, speak Your truths into my heart and grant me wisdom to respond to Your will and direction.  Use me for Your glory and honor.  Thank You, heavenly Father, for speaking to my heart.  I love You and praise Your holy name. Amen.”

“These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”
1 Corinthians 2:13

God’s Holy Word was written to reveal His person and purpose to those who desire to know Him.  We learn this Word through the power of the Holy Spirit.  The apostle Paul reminds us in this verse that the Holy Spirit teaches us spiritual things according to God’s wisdom, not ours.  The Word of God is inspired which remains that “holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.” (2 Peter, 1: 21) We have been taught the Word of God so that we might teach others.  So my friends, if we truly want to know God then we must pray for the Holy Spirit to teach us His Word. Time to go to school…

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Come to the Advent Youth Garage Sale on Saturday.  Love you all and thank you for your many prayers and constant support.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: