Saturday, June 9, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Today I went to our church garage sale and purchased two glass-topped end tables, a drying rack, an over-the-toilet shelving unit and a set of wooden utensils in a container for the new apartment.  I spent a grand total of $20.00 and got Geni some really nice things.  I also spent some time getting towels, dish towels, and kitchen things together out of my kitchen for Geni to start her kitchen.  She still needs a few things like a canister set, but those things will come a bit later.

The new carpet was laid in her apartment today.  It is really nice.  She is going to move some things tomorrow, but will probably accept the keys on Monday and begin her life as an adult on her own. (Although, I think she plans to come home for dinner a lot!)

My morning devotion helped bring peace to my anxious soul with these words, from Jesus Calling June 10, “Remember you are on a journey with Me.” All of you know how I feel about journeys.  I must remember to hold tightly to God’s hand when I am anxious about anything.  Remembering God is a daily discipline and I must never lose sight of God’s presence with me.  Remembering God’s Presence with me is what will bring peace to my anxious soul. 

Prayer:  “Father God, I come before You this morning to say thank You for a brand new day.  I look forward to the opportunities of this day.  I ask You to guide me by Your Spirit throughout the day.  Help me, O Lord to be salt and light before those I encounter that I might represent and reflect the life of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I praise You and give You glory.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

“That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”
Romans 8: 4

President Lincoln proclaimed the Emancipation Proclamation, abolishing the law of slavery and bringing freedom to the slaves in the United States.

The apostle Paul was set free (emancipated) from the law of religious legalism.  The Law of Moses was given by God to Israel to expose the sins of the Israelites, but the law could not set the people free from their sins. The Law could not save them, it could only condemn.  Praise God for sending Jesus to save us from our sins without condemnation.  Jesus did what the Law could not do.  This verse from Romans says that Jesus fulfilled the “righteous requirement of the law” at the Cross.  The indwelling of the Holy Spirit enables us to “walk in the Spirit” and not under the law.  Under this new law of love we experience God’s grace and freedom.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  See you in worship.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: