Thursday, June 7, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

I traveled to Hughley Hospital today for processing.  I received my ID badge.  It says Chaplain Gaylene. I received a DPT shot just in case I get bitten or a needle breaks off in me somewhere. (Isn’t that something to think about?!) I go back in the morning for a TB test. Then my real time with them starts at 8:00 Monday morning.  Please pray for me and my family as our lives are going to change once again at least for the next ten weeks.  I hope to keep you posted with writing, but I do not know how the scheduling works.  I only know I work 40 hours per week with some of the time in class, working with a CPE group and time with patients.  There are times I will work in a specific unit and times I will be the only chaplain on call for the hospital.  I have been told there will be times I will be there overnight or throughout a weekend.  This could be interesting…

“I have said this to you, so that in me you may have peace.  In the world you face persecution.  But take courage, I have conquered the world.”
John 16: 33

Tonight I am going to share my morning “in the car devotion” with you.  It has stuck with me all day as I have thought of close friends who are suffering earthly persecution.  Sarah Young’s words from June 7, 2012 spoke to me.  These are her words tonight as she has reflected on God’s presence and listened to God’s voice.

“ I AM ALL AROUND YOU, like a cocoon of Light. My Presence with you is a promise independent of your awesome awareness of Me.  Many things can block this awareness, but the major culprit is worry.  My children tend to accept worry as an inescapable fact of life.  However, worry is a form of unbelief; it is anathema to Me.

Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive. When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me. Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me. I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it. In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me.” (I bolded and italicized the previous sentences as I really needed to commit this promise to memory.)

Take joy in the journey.  Trust God, wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  God is awake 24/7 so there is no reason for both of you to be awake! Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: