Friday, June 22, 2012


 Happy Friday! 

My dear friends, I will be on call at JPS from Saturday morning until Sunday morning.  I am a bit nervous.  I ask for your prayers.  Thank you.

Prayer:  “Lord, fill your temple today and glorify Yourself through everything I do.”

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”
1 Corinthians 6: 19

The House of God is not a building.  The true house of God is you and me; we who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.  We are the temple by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Before Jesus was crucified, He promised not to leave his followers as orphans and would never fully depart from them.  God needed to complete the redemptive work promised through Jesus in every follower by sending of the Holy Spirit to dwell within all who love and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. 

I really needed this passage tonight because this is the assurance that because I/we are the temple of God that I/we will never go anywhere or do anything without God being with I/us.  As I/we continually submit in obedience to God’s call on my/our lives the Holy Spirit empowers each of us to serve Him. 

My prayer for me tonight is that I, God’s temple, would rest tonight so that I may glorify Him tomorrow as I learn a building and a system but most importantly that I bring a word of hope to those who need it most. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some rest.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Thanks for all of your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


PS  Pray for Travis tomorrow as he competes in a power lifting meet.  He is out to shatter records tomorrow both personal and recorded.  Peace, gc

No comments: