Monday, June 18, 2012


Blessed Sunday! 

Today we met Ken and Sheena and respective daughters and one great granddaughter at church in Howe to worship with Daddy.  Daddy won several awards in having the next most family present and the family who traveled the farthest to worship with their Dad.  We took Daddy to lunch in Sherman and had a perfectly wonderful time.  It was great to see the folks at the Howe church and spend time with Daddy.  There were a number of people who made it a point to tell me how great they thought Daddy was doing since Mom’s passing.  We are really proud of him. I know he misses her so very much, but he is still getting up each day and staying as active as he chooses.

Please continue to pray for my Aunt Linda and Uncle Johnny as he is still battling cancer in his lungs and other parts of his body. 

Prayer:  “Father, I think of ways You have revealed Yourself to me. I am so very thankful; thankful that I can look around to a world that is clearly Your handiwork and unmistakably carries the sound of Your voice.  I am humbled that You spoke last but not least through Your Son, who is my Lord.  In every way You choose today, speak to me and through me.  Amen.”

“God…has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.”
Hebrews 1:1,2


As I journey through CPE I am learning a great deal about myself.  One of the things I have learned is that if I am given too much information or offered too many choices in rapid fire succession, I tend to shut down. Or, as we say in CPE, I “disconnect.”

Even though those who are speaking to me are experts in their field and their information is important, I cannot learn if I “disconnect” from them. When this happens I shut out the voices and wait. It is at this time I need some one-on-one instruction and one way to accomplish the task at hand.

God spoke so clearly through Jesus. Jesus was not just a prophet or just a messenger. Jesus was God’s own unique Son. God, the creator, re-created Himself in the form of Jesus—in other words…Jesus was God on foot! Not only was Jesus God’s best Word to the world, Jesus was also God’s last Word to the human race. The world offers other books and other prophets, but God offers Jesus so that we can clear away the other voices and hear only His voice so at the end of the day we can be thankful that we are heirs with the One who is heir of all things. This voice, the Voice heard in the Word of God, is the strong, clear voice we must hear above all others so that we can stay connected and know what to do.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.




I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.



No comments: