Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Happy Monday! 

I have so missed writing these past few days, but I felt that being awake when I write was a must and so I am awake this evening.  (Ha Ha!)  The weekend spent in the Kairos Prison Ministry was just amazing and exhausting.  I loved being the chaplain and preparing chapel services throughout  each day.  

Being present as God worked through each one as they served the 42 residents was a privilege.  At closing as we (the support staff) heard and witnessed how God  worked in the lives of the residents was so touching.  My favorite part of closing is when we, the freeworld people, walk into that gym wearing our large name tags and the residents search each one of us trying to find which one of us was their prayer partner throughout the weekend.  We do not get to have physical contact with these men, but the recognition in their eyes is enough to melt your heart.

Prayer:  Father, this week is your week.  Speak truth and hope into my life.  Give me ears to hear You speak.  Grand me discipline to open Your Word in order to listen to Your Voice.  Whatever is before me, give me what I need at that moment.  Even now, I listen to You.  May You alone be praised. Amen.

James 5: 13, 14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray.  Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms.  Is anyone among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

The best prayer times occur when we talk to God and listen to what God has to say.  When something comes up, talk to God about it and upon the authority of God’s Word, pray for guidance and God’s will to act on your behalf.  When you are sick call your pastor or a spiritual leader to pray over you .  Prayer should be our first choice and not our last. 

Each of us is going to have needs today and our pride will say “You can work this out without any help from God.” Let us consider God’s way and talk to God about it right now and let God speak promise into your day.  When we come to God first thing in the morning,  the Holy Spirit will do wonderful things in our lives.  God will bring peace and give us confidence that He is with us. 
Take joy in the journey praying as you travel.  Wear comfortable shoes.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer:  Please pray for little Tatum.  She received her chemotherapy treatment and it is such powerful medicine that it has burned through her tender skin leaving her burned and blistered.  She is so very brave saying that it does not hurt.  Thanks and peace, gc

No comments: