Thursday, April 26, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

WOW!  What a day!  A classmate and I presented our research on Grief and Loss as experienced by prison families; families who are supporting a loved one who is incarcerated.  I think our professor was pretty impressed because her comments and grade were in my email by the time I got back from lunch.  My colleague and I got an A on the presentation. 
Two major events in the life of Brite Divinity School today; first the Brite Spring Awards Banquet and worship and later the dedication of the new Brite Divinity School Bldg.  The new building is named the Harrison Building and it is high tech to the max with several classrooms and other conference rooms with a special study room.  The building even has a very cool balcony and a beautiful plaza with a meditation garden.  Really beautiful!

Prayer:  “Dear Lord, on this day, I will practice what God’s Word says to me.  I will follow Your will and Your Word.  Give me the power to do that as I our out my heart to You.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Jeremiah 29: 12 “Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.”
We have spoken this week about prayer.  Tonight my meditation speaks inspiring words about praying in the book of Jeremiah.  I am going to share the words of the meditation with you concerning prayer.

“Knowing that God will do what is best for you, granting to you His future and hope for you.  He provides for you the privilege to call upon Him.  Yes, prayer becomes the channel and experience where you can cry unto God with your all, entering into His presence in Jesus’ name and talk to Him. (Here is my favorite sentence) Just think, you who are limited enter into the presence of the unlimited and the result is that he provides you an unlimited life!!”

We are granted permission to speak to God and God listening to us.  God listens to our burdens, visions and dreams and even our whining and complaining!  We serve this awesome God who listens to us all of the time.  Even when we cannot get someone such as a friend, a pastor, family member to listen to our cries, God is always there to listen to us.  We can go to God at anytime, lay down our burdens and God will ALWAYS be there to listen.  Praise God!

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: