Thursday, April 26, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

Tomorrow is my last class day for this semester.  One of my classmates and I will present our final project to the class in Grief and Loss.  The topic is Grief and Loss as it Effects Prison Families.  Please offer a prayer for us that we present our findings to the class well.  Following this class is the annual Brite Spring Banquet. Then, beginning at 5:00 there will be a special chapel service followed by the dedication and celebration of the new Brite Building.  What an amazing day!!

Prayer:  “Good morning, Lord. Speak to me today.  Your servant is listening.  My heart is open and my ears are ready to hear You today.  Give me the power to not only hear You but also obey You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Mark 11: 24 “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”

There are no boundaries in prayer.  God is able to do anything, anywhere and at anytime because He is who He says He is and He can do whatever He says He can do.  There are no bounds on our requests made to God.  There is no one like the living God.  He will answer our prayers by His own will and authority.  Even though He is so pleased that we are becoming dependant on Him in our prayers and calling upon Him, God still goes by His Word and does what is best for us. 

Trust is such an important part of our prayers to God.  When we trust God with our prayers we are surrendering our burdens and concerns to His love and care, trusting that God will do what is best out of His love for us.  Because God already sees us all the way into eternity we must trust Him in all things, believing that we will receive answers with a confident heart!  (read that last sentence out loud  again.)

Sing with me, “There is none like You.  No one else knows my heart like You do.  I could search for all eternity long and there is none like You.”  I give thanks that God did not grant me everything for which I have ever asked.  Those would have been such bad deals.  God loves me enough to give me all that I need and some of what I want by His design and good purpose. 


So my friends…find some time and pray each day giving thanks for every good and perfect gift, surrendering your burdens and worries, trusting that God will do all that is best for we who are the pinnacle of His creation. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: