Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Today was the first Kairos Team Meeting for Allred #22, the weekend which will be held in April. The folks there are amazing Christian warriors who have such a heart for this ministry. Bruce is the leader for this weekend. He has a mighty job ahead of him and led the all-day meeting today with a heart full of love and professional grace. Please pray for him, all of the team and those inmates whom will be preparing by the power of the Holy Spirit to receive the gospel through these vessels through which God will work His Will. The ministry is founded and supported by strong prayer support. So pray fervently and pray often.

Also, I am issuing an invitation to a re-wedding of the members of the Rock Solid Marriage Bible Study. There will be a worship service at 4:00 at Advent Lutheran Church at 3232 S. Cooper Street in Arlington with a reception to follow. We would love to see you there.

Prayer alerts: My dad has a really bad cold with congestion. Please pray for his health. Also, some dear friends with whom we sing in the Praise Team at Advent lost their mother and grandmother on Thursday evening. Please pray for the Trousdale and Randall families as they mourn their loss. Thanks.

Prayer: “Father, I know what I should do, but it is such a struggle. I know Your plan is best for me. Forgive me for resisting You and ignoring Your calling. God, please help me to surrender. Help me to let go of my life and experience all that You have for me. I am tired of living on my own and trying to be in control. I release my agenda and yield to Yours. Amen.”

Matthew 10:39 “He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.”

Today at the Kairos meeting the theme was “vulnerability.” As many of the team expressed what was difficult in their spiritual lives the answer that kept recurring was “obedience.” Some expressed how they came into Kairos kicking and screaming. Once they surrendered themselves over to God in their response to this call to ministry they realized it was exactly where God had called them to serve.

It is a ministry that is out of the ordinary. We are easy with our jobs, our families, attending church regularly in our service to God. But God has so much more in store for us if we will just let go of ourselves and become willing to relinquish control of our wills and allow God to work through us. When this happens, then we can truly share in the life of Christ. When we surrender we enter into a life of humility, surrender and dependence on God and His plan for our lives. Here is the deal…this is a life of power, but not a life of power for us, but a life of the power to affect others with the message of the gospel. The Kairos ministry is not interested in getting the inmates out of prison, but taking the gospel inside to this group of forgotten people, showing them God’s love and helping them to learn to love and trust each other.

So I ask the question asked of me today…What are we willing to do to achieve the high calling of God in Christ Jesus? (here is a hint…it has something to do with being vulnerable to the calling of Christ through obedience.)

Take joy in this prayerful journey. Wear comfortable shoes and something very warm! Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: