Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Saturday!

First task completed! I emailed the paper from the pastoral counseling class. I was glad to have this item completed. Thank you so much for all of your prayers concerning that paper. Now I ask your prayers as I prepare to preach in the morning.

Prayer: "Dear Lord, as I begin this new day, please help me remember to number my days so that I may "gain a heart of wisdom." Help me live today as if it were my last. Grant that my words will be kind and loving, that my eyes may look in the right direction, and that my thoughts may be stayed on You. If I displease You in any way, remind me quickly so that I may repent and ask Your forgiveness. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen."

John 14: 6 "Jesus said to him, "I and the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Have you ever been to an invitation-only party? I remember once when I was in junior high I was invited to a dance that was by invitation only. In order to gain entrance to the dance I had to show my invitation to the ladies at the entrance to the dance. If I did not have an invitation then I could not enter and be a part of the activities. Had I not received and accepted the invitation I would have had to ask someone who had gotten to go to the dance about the event. This was an exclusive event that was not to be "crashed."

Jesus is an exclusive Lord. It is one thing to proclaim that Jesus is the Savior of the world, but it is another thing to say that Jesus is the only Savior of the world. But that is what Jesus taught. Remember in the scriptures where Jesus states very clearly, "No one goes to the Father except through Me"? If we are to be serious believers in Christ we must believe this, accept it, and proclaim it without reservation, without fear or shame. If we are to gain entrance to the eternal party in heaven and live in eternity on this side of heaven we must have a relationship with Jesus while on this earth.

The early followers of Jesus were criticized and persecuted over this very proclamation. We need to be just as bold and brave as those early Christians. We need to proclaim Jesus Christ crucified as Lord and Savior and we need to offer this invitation to all those we meet who do not know of Jesus so they can join us at the party.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and give thanks for the gift of God's grace each day. Give thanks for each breath we are allowed to take. Praise God for one more day to share Christ with someone. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: