Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Monday!

Today was a productive day for me! I finished the paper for preaching. Next is to read the passages for the Grief and Loss Class and write that paper and I think I will be caught up. I will then begin on the studying for next week. Bruce and I are both on new ground with the preaching paper. I have never written a paper quite like this and he has never edited a paper in this format. Please say an extra prayer for Bruce and he wades through this document.

I talked with Daddy this evening and he sounded really good. He is still finishing up some final details as he comes across something that needs to be tended to. He really misses Mom. He has to get in line for that one. I found out he did go the church on Sunday. A couple who are in his Sunday School class asked him to sit with them in worship so he did and it made worship a bit easier. Then he went to Ken and Sheena’s and watched half of the Super Bowl in Sunday. I was so proud of him because I know how hard it must have been. Please continue to pray for him as he adjusts to his life without Mom. (You can pray for us too!)

Prayer: “Precious Jesus, as I open my eyes today, I praise You that I see. I rejoice that I had a bed in which I could rest my weary body last night. I am thankful that I can begin this new day with the wonderful assurance that if I should die, I know where I will go—and with whom I shall be. And best of all, dear Savior, I rejoice that I know who made it all possible. Thank You for Your wonderful death on the Cross. May Your mighty name be praised! Amen.”

Romans 8: 11 “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”

All I have done today is read and write. I began the paper around 8:30 this morning and I did not stop except to eat lunch and I did not really even stop then. (I typed and ate soup and carrots.) As I was working on this paper I kept thinking, “Okay I will do this much more and then I will take a break.” And that deadline would pass and I would continue. I prayed for the strength to continue on more than one occasion for I was getting tired and the brain was getting fuzzy. I finally finished around 7:00 this evening.

I realize this is not a powerful image of calling on the Spirit of Him who raised Christ from the dead, but there are times when we all get tired but we must continue on and we do not have the power to continue. The power of God is within each of us who believe and the crown jewel of promises God gives us is eternal life. As I have shared with you before, I believe that eternal life in Christ begins when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior. That Spirit of Power never leaves us. God loves us so much that when we need the same Spirit of power and might that raised Christ it is there and available for us. It is simply our task to ask God to activate that power. We call on that power through prayer. God knows when we are tired and need help beyond ourselves. One of the prayers I often pray is for God to give me knowledge beyond myself especially when it comes to my studies. For me, this is the kind of power I sometimes need. The verse says “this power will give life to our mortal bodies.” The power of the living God living in each of us who believe empowers us in strength when we need it.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Our love to you all and thank you for being mighty and powerful payer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS My friends, the Toombs/Burns family held the service for their mother and grandmother today. I know their hearts are broken, so I ask you to keep them in prayer. Please offer an extra prayer for Geni. She is coming up on her first evaluation sometime soon and she is really nervous about it. I promise to keep you posted. gc

No comments: